Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Response to ‘What do you do with a tail like that?’

07/30/07

What is your gift and how do you use it?

I’m an excellent cook. I started cooking with my mom at the tender age of 7. She had a little stool that she’ll prop next to the kitchen counter and I’ll help her to peel the garlic at first, then the onions and green peppers until I was allowed to cut the meat! At first she’d only let me cook breakfast and as I got older she finally taught me how to cook rice and beans.

Even as I grew up my dad always told my mother that the student had surpassed the master. He loves my cooking specially the spaghetti. To this day people tell me that I should open a restaurant. I love trying out new recipes; I can cook Italian, Chinese, Thai, American, Dominican and many South American and Central American recipes. If managing a restaurant wasn’t so difficult I may have become a chef.

1 comment:

Jolyn said...

Dear Sugey,
Thank you so much. I totally understand being nervous in front of your peers. You had no reason to be nervous because your gift for teaching shines through.
Lens 1: Describing affect for teachers and learners. Your soothing voice and calm demeanor made me feel welcome in your class.
Lens 2: Articulating best practice.
A Classroom of Shared Learning
Real Audiences, Real Purposes
Lens 3: The Texas language arts standards and benchmarks.
TAKS was listed on your log. Thank you.
Lens 4: Extensions and adaptations. I think I could use this to get my TAKS kids to write.
Lens 5: Questions arisen. What other books do you think I could use for secondary level?

Thank you,
Jolyn