Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Response to Stella Luna

07/30/07

How will I be different this year as a result of attending the Bluebonnet Writing Project?

I love teaching and I always wanted to teach. I’d always thought of all the wonderful things that I was going to be able to do with my students. Until my first year teaching, I didn’t like what was done in my team as far as teaching but I wasn’t quite sure why, I would think to myself –I know this isn’t what teaching is all about!- I had everything on the control, same routine everyday. I was comfortable what can I say and I didn’t know any better. My second year was a whole different story I met this great teacher that believed in balance literacy and hated basals and worksheets, I wasn’t at that point yet but was able to find a happy medium. Now, I feel that as far as technology and writing I’ll be able to integrate them. I will be able to bring novelty into my lessons and make the writing more authentic.

No comments: