Monday, July 16, 2007

Response to the classic guitar "concierto" by Rodrigo

07/16/07

The guitar is one of my favorite instruments. Although the piece contains some other instruments the use of the guitar is what makes it work. I’ve tried to learn how to play the guitar and after a couple of weeks I was ready to give up. I had to trim my fingernails and calluses were starting to be visible on my finger tips. Right then and there I realized that there was so much more to playing the guitar that I knew. However, I just loved the idea that I could make music so I kept trying but eventually gave up. I still enjoy the sounds of the guitar. Whenever I listen to music that’s the first sound I’m able to pick up.

Flamenco and Bachata are two of my favorite types of music because of how the guitar is used; those genres wouldn’t exist without the sounds of the guitar. Also, Rock in which the electric guitar is played to the fullest.

No comments: